We want to clarify a point in a recent editorial about the lack of a police officer at New Albany Elementary School. We said the “Board of Aldermen has failed for years to budget for a school resource officer” at the school.
Mayor Tim Kent points out that the board had not been asked by the school district in recent years to help pay for providing an officer.
For the current school year, Superintendent Jackie Ford has asked for the city to pay half the salary and pay benefit costs for an officer at the school.
We think the board should do that effective immediately.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...