Bulldogs top Byers, Myrtle in separate contests
New Albany’s volleyball and softball clubs gained two wins, defeating H.W. Byers at the net in a road contest while the Diamond Dawgs out-lasted the Myrtle Lady Hawks at BNA Park.
The Bulldogs topped Myrtle 2-1, putting in nine hits during the win to the Hawks six.
Callie Denton put in the first run for Myrtle in the game, knocking a triple on the field before Briana Brassell hit a sacrifice fly ball to place Denton at home for the 1-0 lead.
Myrtle kept the lead until the fifth inning, where Kaitlyn Cavender evened the score on an RBI single by Megan Dye.
In the seventh inning, the Bulldogs loaded the bases. Dye stepped up to the plate again, placing a sacrifice fly into center field for Quinlan Amos to score the winning run.
Cavender led the Bulldogs with three hits, while Cavender earned two. Dye gained both RBI’s for the Bulldogs during the game, while the Hawk’s Callie Denton had the lone RBI for Myrtle.
Myrtle heads back to the field on Thursday, in a road game against the Oxford Chargers.
New Albany hosted Wheeler Tuesday evening, and will participate in the Robetson’s Sportswear Tournament Saturday, September 7 at BNA Park.
The Bulldog’s volleyball squad picked up a win, taking down H.W. Byers in three consecutive sets. The win is the first for the Bulldog’s, who were edged out by Pontotoc in their home opener last week.
The Lady Dawgs topped Byers with 25-18, 25-15 and 25-19 scores. New Albany’s JV squad also won their game, also topping Byers in three.
NAHS faces divsion rival Corinth at 6:30 p.m. Thursday inside Memorial Gym.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2