NEMCC and Blue Mountain College agree to partnership
Northeast Mississippi Community College and Blue Mountain College have agreed to accelerated degree partnership program to be hosted on Northeast’s Corinth campus.
Under the agreement, an undergraduate transfer student from or a graduate of Northeast may take courses offered by Blue Mountain College at the Northeast at Corinth center.
After completing the academic requirements of both institutions, the student shall be awarded a bachelor’s degree from Blue Mountain.
“We look forward to continuing our association with Blue Mountain College with this partnership that is not only a benefit to both institutions, but also, and most importantly, a benefit to those seeking higher education opportunities in north Mississippi,” Northeast president Dr. Johnny L. Allen.
Goals of the partnership include enabling students earn college credit applicable to degrees at both institutions by passing College Level Examination Program tests and DSST tests (formerly DANTES Subject Standardized Tests); enabling Northeast graduates to be admitted into Blue Mountain College; expanding student options for college-level services and curriculum and improving student access, success and four-year degree completion.
Blue Mountain College president Dr. Barbara McMillin (left) and Northeast Mississippi Community College Dr. Johnny L. Allen, Ed.D. (right) sign an affiliation agreement on the Northeast Booneville campus on Tuesday, August 6. With the agreement between Northeast and Blue Mountain, an undergraduate transfer student from or a graduate of Northeast may take courses offered by Blue Mountain College at the Northeast at Corinth center in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree from the Tippah County-based college.
About New Albany Gazette
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...