Farm Service Agency announces county committee election
The Union County Farm Service Agency announces that the election for County Committee member from Local Administrative Area 2 has begun. Landowners and producers of agricultural products may nominate a producer from LAA-2 to serve a 3-year term on the COC, the nomination period started June17 and ends Aug. 1.
LAA-2 includes Ingomar, Bald Hill, Martintown, Blue Springs, Wallerville, New Harmony, Union Hill and Sherman communities.
After nominations are complete election ballots will be mailed on Nov. 4 to all landowners and agricultural producers in LAA-2 to vote their choice of who will represent them on the COC.
Marked election ballots must be received back in the’ FSA office by Dec. 2 and will be counted at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 5. The newly elected COC member will assume duties on Jan. 1, 2014.
About Lynn West
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...