Amory girls, Saltillo boys win inaugural ICC Soccer Showcase
The Amory Lady Panthers and Saltillo Tigers won the inaugural Itawamba Community College High School Soccer Showcase held at the ICC Soccer Complex on Thursday.
The Lady Panthers picked up 4-0 wins over Saltillo and Itawamba AHS along with a key 2-1 victory over New Albany to earn the girls’ title while The Tigers earn the boys’ championship with a 7-0 win over Amory and a 5-2 victory over Tishomingo County after defeating New Albany, 1-0, in their first match of the day. “It was a big day,” said ICC head soccer coach Mike Sullivan. “We are excited to host some of the area teams and let them get a little work in for their summer workouts.”
New Albany girls finished runner-up in the event while Saltillo came in third and Itawamba AHS fourth.
New Albany boys finished second with Amory, Itawamba AHS and Tishomingo County rounding out the Top 5 respectively.
“This has been such a success that we will definitely try to do this again next summer,” Sullivan commented after the showcase. “Hopefully we’ll be able to get a few more teams here and try to make it an annual event for everybody.”
For more information on ICC Soccer and the eight other intercollegiate athletic programs, follow ICC Athletics on Twitter (@LetsGoICC) and visit www.LetsGoICC.com.
Scores from the Showcase
New Albany 4 Itawamba AHS 0
Amory 4 Saltillo 0
Amory 4 Itawamba AHS 0
New Albany 5 Saltillo 2
Amory 2 New Albany 1
Saltillo 5 Itawamba AHS 1
Itawamba AHS 4 Tishomingo County 2
Saltillo 1 New Albany 0
Amory 8 Tishomingo County 2
New Albany 2 Itawamba AHS 0
Saltillo 5 Tishomingo County 2
Amory 1 Itawamba AHS 0
Saltillo 7 Amory 0
New Albany 4 Tishomingo County 1
About Lynn West
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...