Baptist enters drug pricing program
The Union County Board of Supervisors agreed to enter into a memorandum of understanding Monday morning with Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County for the hospital to provide for low-income patients by offering the 340B program.
The 340B Drug Pricing Program (340B program) was created in 1992 to provide discounts on outpatient prescription drugs to select safety net providers, including among others, Federally Qualified Health Centers, which include centers receiving grant funds under Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act and look-a-like health centers.
Baptist is going to participate in the drug discount program established under section 340B of the Public Health Service Act.
The program promotes access to affordable medications, efficient business practices, outcomes-driven pharmacy services, and quality assurance.
In order to participate in the 340B program, Baptist must enter into a contract with state or local government pursuant to which Baptist commits to provide health care services to low income individuals, who are not entitled to Medicare or Medicaid benefits, at no reimbursement or considerably less than full reimbursement from these patients.
In order to allow Baptist to participate in the 340B Program and provide such care to the low-income citizens of Union County, the board agreed to accept such commitments on behalf of the citizens of the county.
During the term of this MOU, Baptist agrees to provide certain levels of health care services to indigent, uninsured and underinsured residents of Union County and the state of Mississippi through the on-going operation of the adult and pediatric emergency department at Baptist. Baptist will assure that all patients will receive necessary care in its emergency departments, regardless of ability to pay.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...