Baptist enters drug pricing program
The Union County Board of Supervisors agreed to enter into a memorandum of understanding Monday morning with Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County for the hospital to provide for low-income patients by offering the 340B program.
The 340B Drug Pricing Program (340B program) was created in 1992 to provide discounts on outpatient prescription drugs to select safety net providers, including among others, Federally Qualified Health Centers, which include centers receiving grant funds under Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act and look-a-like health centers.
Baptist is going to participate in the drug discount program established under section 340B of the Public Health Service Act.
The program promotes access to affordable medications, efficient business practices, outcomes-driven pharmacy services, and quality assurance.
In order to participate in the 340B program, Baptist must enter into a contract with state or local government pursuant to which Baptist commits to provide health care services to low income individuals, who are not entitled to Medicare or Medicaid benefits, at no reimbursement or considerably less than full reimbursement from these patients.
In order to allow Baptist to participate in the 340B Program and provide such care to the low-income citizens of Union County, the board agreed to accept such commitments on behalf of the citizens of the county.
During the term of this MOU, Baptist agrees to provide certain levels of health care services to indigent, uninsured and underinsured residents of Union County and the state of Mississippi through the on-going operation of the adult and pediatric emergency department at Baptist. Baptist will assure that all patients will receive necessary care in its emergency departments, regardless of ability to pay.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...