Baptist Union County to pilot smart phone communication system
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will pilot a new staff communication system that combines telephone, alarms and text messaging on Monday, June 17.
The Voalté system uses the Apple iPhone interface to replace multiple hospital communication devices with one communication system. This simplified system will allow clinical staff to make and receive calls over the hospital’s private phone system, receive and respond to patient alarms and alerts, and communicate with other hospital staff through secure two-way messaging.
“We are excited to introduce the Voalté iPhone system to our clinical staff at Baptist Union County,” said Karen Young, nursing informatics analyst at Baptist Union County. “With this system, our clinicians can respond quickly to patients’ calls and collaborate with other clinical staff on patient care via text messaging or phone calls. This quick and accurate communication system will contribute to excellent patient care.”
Baptist Union County will be the first hospital in the Baptist Memorial Health Care system to use the Voalté iPhone system. Initially, nurses, social workers, laboratory technicians, pharmacy technicians, respiratory technicians and other clinical staff will receive the phones, which will work only on hospital grounds.
Baptist Union County is a 153-bed hospital that offers a variety of health care services, including adult and pediatric inpatient services, labor and delivery, outpatient and laser surgery and a 24-hour emergency room. In 2008, the hospital renovated its Women’s Center, which features 10 labor/delivery/recovery suites, two surgical suites for Caesarean sections, and a level II nursery for sick babies. Baptist Union County also offers imaging and laboratory services, including an American College of Radiology-accredited MRI machine. The hospital soon will begin construction on a new, $12 million emergency department, which will open in mid-2014.
For more information about Baptist Union County, please call 662-538-7631 or visit unioncounty.baptistonline.org.
(pictured l-r) Baptist Union County staff members Karen Young, Nursing Informatics and Timmy Wright, Nursing Manager of ICU/Stepdown, listen intensely as Melissa Ross with Voalte, Missy Coltharp, Baptist Union County Information Systems, and Terri Chapman, BMHCC Nursing Infomatics Analyst prepare for the new iPhone system.
About New Albany Gazette
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...