Baptist Union County to pilot smart phone communication system
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County will pilot a new staff communication system that combines telephone, alarms and text messaging on Monday, June 17.
The Voalté system uses the Apple iPhone interface to replace multiple hospital communication devices with one communication system. This simplified system will allow clinical staff to make and receive calls over the hospital’s private phone system, receive and respond to patient alarms and alerts, and communicate with other hospital staff through secure two-way messaging.
“We are excited to introduce the Voalté iPhone system to our clinical staff at Baptist Union County,” said Karen Young, nursing informatics analyst at Baptist Union County. “With this system, our clinicians can respond quickly to patients’ calls and collaborate with other clinical staff on patient care via text messaging or phone calls. This quick and accurate communication system will contribute to excellent patient care.”
Baptist Union County will be the first hospital in the Baptist Memorial Health Care system to use the Voalté iPhone system. Initially, nurses, social workers, laboratory technicians, pharmacy technicians, respiratory technicians and other clinical staff will receive the phones, which will work only on hospital grounds.
Baptist Union County is a 153-bed hospital that offers a variety of health care services, including adult and pediatric inpatient services, labor and delivery, outpatient and laser surgery and a 24-hour emergency room. In 2008, the hospital renovated its Women’s Center, which features 10 labor/delivery/recovery suites, two surgical suites for Caesarean sections, and a level II nursery for sick babies. Baptist Union County also offers imaging and laboratory services, including an American College of Radiology-accredited MRI machine. The hospital soon will begin construction on a new, $12 million emergency department, which will open in mid-2014.
For more information about Baptist Union County, please call 662-538-7631 or visit unioncounty.baptistonline.org.
(pictured l-r) Baptist Union County staff members Karen Young, Nursing Informatics and Timmy Wright, Nursing Manager of ICU/Stepdown, listen intensely as Melissa Ross with Voalte, Missy Coltharp, Baptist Union County Information Systems, and Terri Chapman, BMHCC Nursing Infomatics Analyst prepare for the new iPhone system.
About New Albany Gazette
- UPDATE: Gazette moving to new location today April 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...