Sanderson signs with BMC
Summer Sanderson, a three-time most valuable player at New Albany High School, has signed a women’s golf scholarship with Blue Mountain College.
“This is a big day for Blue Mountain,” said BMC coach Danny McKenzie. “Summer was a really good player in high school and she will be able to have an immediate impact on our team. We’re excited that she’s going to join us.”
Sanderson, a 2012 graduate of New Albany High who attended Northeast Mississippi Community College last year, played varsity golf for five years – her eighth-grade year at Booneville and the next four at New Albany.
She qualified for the Mississippi High School Girls Class II Championship all five years and finished in the top 10 here junior and senior seasons.
Sanderson led New Albany to its first division championship her senior year and to a third-place finish in the state tournament.
“Summer is a very good student who has played a lot of competitive golf,” McKenzie said. “We’re looking forward to seeing her play on the next level.”
About New Albany Gazette
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer