Northeast signs Ben Foster in baseball
Northeast recently signed New Albany’s Ben Foster to a baseball scholarship. Foster led New Albany in batting this season with a .358 average. Foster pitched and played shortstop for the Bulldogs, going 5-5 for the year on the mound with a 2.77 ERA and 78 strikeouts.
Foster said of his signing, “It’s been a fun four years and I lost some of my friends from last year who are now at Northeast. They won the north and had a good year and I look forward to playing.” Foster will play in a couple of all-star games, the NEMCABB on May 25 and the Crossroads on June 1.
Coach John Walker commented “Ben has been a big contributor for us for the last three years. He started as a sophomore as our designated hitter and he’s played a variety of roles for us on the infield and on the mound. He’s going to be hard to replace. Offensively, he’s one of the better hitters that I’ve ever coached and from that aspect and his leadership, we’re going to miss that.”
Assistant Coach Richy Harrelson of Northeast said “We’re very excited about Ben coming to Northeast and joining our program. His brother Brock was there a few years ago and we know the family and we know the type person that we’re getting. He’s a great baseball player and has had a lot of success. He’s an offensive player and we’re looking to fill some gaps that we lost this year. We won the north this year and we’re looking to continue with that success with these guys.”
About New Albany Gazette
- Seminoles slip past Hawks in seventh to tie series April 30, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6