NA’s Beaty signs with Gulf Coast CC
Mallory Beaty had a difficult decision to make regarding her softball career. The highly recruited athlete from New Albany generated a lot of interest in softball, but a visit to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College was all she needed, and she signed with the school last Thursday.
“At first, I didn’t want to go away from home, but I started to make more visits throughout the school year,” Beaty said. “Whenever I went to each school, there was something about each one that just didn’t fit, but when I went to Gulf Coast, everything went together, and I felt like that’s where I’m supposed to be.”
Gulf Coast was aware of the number of schools pursing Beaty, and they made their move, bringing her in for a visit and allowing her to workout with the team.
“We’d heard about Mallory, and we kept on her,” Gulf Coast head coach Kenneth Long said. “We invited her down, and we knew she had some interest from local colleges. We watched her, liked her and her personality and how she handles herself on the field. We’re glad to have her at Gulf Coast.”
Beaty batted .365 with 23 hits and 23 RBI for the Lady Bulldogs last season and was a member of a talented senior class that has several set to play at the next level.
“A player like Mallory will be hard to replace,” NAHS head coach Tom Zahller said.
“She’s been a standout athlete, and her talents will definitely be missed. She did the right thing; she looked at all of the opportunities and made the decision that will be best for her. We’re all very proud of her.”
Now with the pressure of signing out of the way, Beaty will prepare for her move to the community college and is looking forward to seeing her former Lady Bulldog teammates, once more; this time as opponents in the Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) next season. This list includes her twin sister, Morgan, who is set to play at Northeast next year.
“That’ll be different, but maybe we’ll play against each other,” Beaty said.
“A few other girls are going to Holmes and Northeast, so I hope we’ll have a chance to play against each other.”
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...