Brandon Montgomery of New Albany recently signed a baseball scholarship with Blue Mountain College. Montgomery pitched and played third for the Bulldogs primarily for the Bulldogs.
Brandon said the following concerning his career at New Albany and his outlook for playing for Blue Mountain, “It’s been fun here at New Albany, I wouldn’t trade it for anything, but I’m happy to get to move on to the next level and get to play some more ball. It’s been great playing for Coach Walker.”
Montgomery finished the year with a 4-4 record on the mound with a 2.64 ERA and 70 strikeouts. Montgomery was a two-year starter for New Albany. This year’s team finished 16-14 and made an appearance in the playoffs defeating Pontotoc and later falling to Kosciusko.
Coach John Walker said of Montgomery’s career at New Albany, “I am extremely happy that he is getting to play at the next level, as a player, he’s definitely talented enough to get that opportunity. I’m grateful to Coach Fowler and Blue Mountain College for giving that to him. Brandon has based his whole career off hard work. From the time that he was in the ninth grade, he made it a point to work extremely hard and that’s what has gotten him to this level. He’s extremely talented and he sets an example for our entire program and that’s priceless.
Montgomery signs with Blue Mountain
About New Albany Gazette
- Life intervenes in the plan May 20, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Toyota Corolla production move from Canada to South America will not affect Blue Springs plant May 27, 2015
- New Albany school board votes to make high school ‘all iPad’ school May 27, 2015
- Saturday last day for absentee voting in congressional run-off May 27, 2015
- Union County Fair about six weeks away May 27, 2015
- Senior Citizens’ Day held Thursday May 27, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...
Coaching Changes cotton states baseball league cotton states high school league east union East Union Basketball East Union Football East Union High School East Union Lady Urchins East Union Softball East Union Urchins feature featured friday night lights Hickory Flat Basketball Hickory Flat High School Hickory Flat Rebels Hotbed Classic Ingomar Basketball Ingomar Falcons Ingomar High School Ingomar Lady Falcons Ingomar Softball Mitchell column Mitchell opinion MS Myrtle Myrtle Basketball Myrtle Hawks myrtle high school Myrtle Lady Hawks Myrtle Softball New Albany New Albany Basketball New Albany Bulldogs new albany football New Albany High School New Albany Lady Bulldogs sports Union County Union County sports West Union Basketball West Union Eagles West Union High School West Union Lady Eagles West Union Softball