By Martha Swindle
The Sherman Public Library will conduct its summer reading program every Friday in June from 10 to 11 a.m. All children ages 4 and 5 and 1st through 6th grades are invited to join in the fun. This summer’s theme, “Dig into Reading,” is about the wonders under your feet – vegetable garden, buried treasure, caves, insects, bones, and so much more. Parents, plan on keeping your children’s brains active and their reading levels up this summer by including them in the Summer Reading Program.
To register, call the library at 840-2513. Please register your child before June 7 to enable enough supplies to be ordered. And remember, your child will get dirty!
Seven Sherman residents are vying for alderman in the upcoming general election June 4. They are: Randy Bolen, Wayne Bullock, Jessie B. McBride, Todd McDonald, Ann Simmons, Martha Swindle, and Mike Swords. The top five “vote-getters” will be the elected aldermen at-large. Ben Logan is running unopposed for the mayor position.
Voting will be held inside the Sherman Public Library instead of inside Town Hall. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 4.
Tri-County Baptist members hosted a wedding shower Sunday, May 19, for Tim Anderson and his bride Kelly Dimos. The couple will marry June 15.
The Sherman Church of Christ youth went on their youth devotional Sunday night, May 19.
About New Albany Gazette
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...