By Martha Swindle
The Sherman Public Library will conduct its summer reading program every Friday in June from 10 to 11 a.m. All children ages 4 and 5 and 1st through 6th grades are invited to join in the fun. This summer’s theme, “Dig into Reading,” is about the wonders under your feet – vegetable garden, buried treasure, caves, insects, bones, and so much more. Parents, plan on keeping your children’s brains active and their reading levels up this summer by including them in the Summer Reading Program.
To register, call the library at 840-2513. Please register your child before June 7 to enable enough supplies to be ordered. And remember, your child will get dirty!
Seven Sherman residents are vying for alderman in the upcoming general election June 4. They are: Randy Bolen, Wayne Bullock, Jessie B. McBride, Todd McDonald, Ann Simmons, Martha Swindle, and Mike Swords. The top five “vote-getters” will be the elected aldermen at-large. Ben Logan is running unopposed for the mayor position.
Voting will be held inside the Sherman Public Library instead of inside Town Hall. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 4.
Tri-County Baptist members hosted a wedding shower Sunday, May 19, for Tim Anderson and his bride Kelly Dimos. The couple will marry June 15.
The Sherman Church of Christ youth went on their youth devotional Sunday night, May 19.
By Martha Swindle
About New Albany Gazette
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...