Junie Timmons, 83
Junie Mae Cartwright Timmons, 83, of Ripley, died Saturday, May 18, 2013, at Magnolia Regional Medical Center in Corinth.
She was born June 24, 1929, to Charlie and Mittie Mae Hall Cartwright. She was a member of The Church of The Lord Jesus Christ in Blue Mountain. She was retired from American Biltrite.
Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday, May 21, at The Church of The Lord Jesus Christ with the Rev. Joe McKnight and Pastor Kathy Davis officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Ripley Funeral Home was in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by one daughter, Jeanette Plaxico (Charles) of Ripley; two sons, B.J. Rainey (Jovonna) of New Albany and Roger Cartwright (Sherry) of Ripley; three sisters, Evelyn Eloise Lewis (Thomas) of Olive Branch, Sarah Jean Brownlee of Booneville and Charleen Bullard (Cliff) of Booneville; four brothers, Bobby Wayne Cartwright of Byhalia, Paul M. Cartwright (Penny) of Byhalia, Jimmy Nichols (Pam) and Jackie Nichols; two granddaughters, Charlene Annette Herring (Keith) of New Albany and Lindsey Thompson of Arlington, Tenn.; three grandsons, Chuck Aldon Plaxico (Tammy) of Westerville, Ohio, Dalton and Lucas Cartwright, both of Ripley; and eight great-grandchildren, Ashlee Goetsch Plaxico, Mason Plaxico, Maximus Plaxico, Miya Plaxico, all of Westerville, Ohio, Carlie Crum and Alexandra Herring, both of New Albany, Zachary Defir and Noah Thompson, both of Arlington, Tenn.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Johnny P. Timmons; grandson, Samuel Edge; three sisters, Hazel Lindley, Sallie Henry and Dorothy Foreman; and three brothers, Albert Hillard, John and Gary Cartwright.
Pallbearers were Chuck Plaxico, Dalton Cartwright, Keith Herring, Steve Plaxico, Russell Davis and James Thomas. Honorary pallbearers will be Mason, Ashley, Max and Miya Plaxico, Carlie Crum, Alexandra Herring, Lucas Cartwright, Lindsey and Noah Thompson.
To view obituaries online and sign the guestbook, visit www.ripleyfuneralhome.com.
About New Albany Gazette
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...