Vince Jordan resigns as Myrtle principal
After 13 years of service as principal at Myrtle Attendance Center, Vince Jordan has stepped down from the post, effective immediately.
In his resignation, Jordan cited his intention to retire from the education field altogether, said Union County Superintendent Ken Basil.
“We certainly appreciate the time and dedication he has given to the students and to his staff over the years,” Basil said about the retirement.
Jordan, who has 25 years’ experience in the education field, was hired as Myrtle’s principal in 2000. He has a bachelor of science degree in education, with a focus in mathematics, as well as a master’s degree in educational leadership.
Terry Cook, school board representative for the county’s first district, said he hated to lose Jordan as principal at Myrtle.
“He was a good one,” Cook said. “I think we need to look very dilligently to find the right person to replace him. He helped the school in so many ways.”
Nancy Yates, who has most recently served as the school’s assistant principal, will take over as interim principal for the remaining three weeks of the school year, Basil said.
“She will remain as interim principal through June 30, during which time we’ll begin our search for a full-time replacement,” he said.
Basil said he did not know whether Yates intends to pursue the job on a full time basis, but she would be considered if she did apply.
The Union County School District Board of Trustees also voted to hire Mark Grubbs as the new principal at Ingomar Attendance Center for the 2013-14 school year.
Grubbs has served as principal of Bruce High School in the Calhoun County School District for the past seven years. He is also a graduate of New Albany High School, Basil said.
“From all the information we have on him, he has been a fair principal with an open door policy,” Basi said.
Grubbs will take over the position that will be vacated by Kenny Roberts. Roberts was hired by the New Albany School Board of Trustees in April as assistant principal at New Albany Elementary next school year.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...