Vince Jordan resigns as Myrtle principal
After 13 years of service as principal at Myrtle Attendance Center, Vince Jordan has stepped down from the post, effective immediately.
In his resignation, Jordan cited his intention to retire from the education field altogether, said Union County Superintendent Ken Basil.
“We certainly appreciate the time and dedication he has given to the students and to his staff over the years,” Basil said about the retirement.
Jordan, who has 25 years’ experience in the education field, was hired as Myrtle’s principal in 2000. He has a bachelor of science degree in education, with a focus in mathematics, as well as a master’s degree in educational leadership.
Terry Cook, school board representative for the county’s first district, said he hated to lose Jordan as principal at Myrtle.
“He was a good one,” Cook said. “I think we need to look very dilligently to find the right person to replace him. He helped the school in so many ways.”
Nancy Yates, who has most recently served as the school’s assistant principal, will take over as interim principal for the remaining three weeks of the school year, Basil said.
“She will remain as interim principal through June 30, during which time we’ll begin our search for a full-time replacement,” he said.
Basil said he did not know whether Yates intends to pursue the job on a full time basis, but she would be considered if she did apply.
The Union County School District Board of Trustees also voted to hire Mark Grubbs as the new principal at Ingomar Attendance Center for the 2013-14 school year.
Grubbs has served as principal of Bruce High School in the Calhoun County School District for the past seven years. He is also a graduate of New Albany High School, Basil said.
“From all the information we have on him, he has been a fair principal with an open door policy,” Basi said.
Grubbs will take over the position that will be vacated by Kenny Roberts. Roberts was hired by the New Albany School Board of Trustees in April as assistant principal at New Albany Elementary next school year.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...