Bulldogs sweep Pontotoc, advance to play Kosciusko
The Bulldogs fought from behind to take its first round series against Pontotoc on Friday.
After defeating the Warriors, 7-3, on Thursday, New Albany found itself down the entire game after a solo home run by Trey Henry in the second inning gave Pontotoc the 1-0 lead.
In the seventh, Grant Hogue and Jimmy Baldon reached base on singles, and with two outs, Jonah Zahller drove in the two runs to take the lead, 2-1. Ben Foster pitched the complete game for the Bulldogs and shut down the Warriors in the bottom of the seventh to earn the sweep.
In Thursday’s game at home, the Warriors took the early 1-0 lead in the third on a Bulldog error, but Foster tied the game with an RBI double. The Bulldogs took the lead in the fourth inning, loading the bases and scoring the go-ahead run on a wild pitch.
Leading 2-1 in the bottom of the sixth, the Bulldogs added five runs off one hit and four Pontotoc errors to lead 7-1 and held the Warriors to only two hits in the top of the seventh to take the 1-0 series lead.
Next for the Bulldogs is a second round match up with Kosciusko. That series will take place May 2-4.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...