Kathleen McNutt, 99
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”;
Clara Kathleen “Ms. Kat” McNutt 99, of Blue Springs, died Friday, April 12, 2013, at Griffis House of the Green Houses in Tupelo.
She was the oldest member of the Antioch Church of Christ. She was a former employee of Playcraft and retired from Blue Bell Mfg. She enjoyed crocheting and stringing necklaces.
Services were at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 14, at Waters Funeral Home in Baldwyn with Gorden Gentry, Ferrell Hester, Clyde Mize and Darrell Beard officiating. Burial was in the Antioch Cemetery.
Survivors include a daughter, Merrill Scott; a grandson, Lane Scott; a sister-in-law, Ruby Driscoll McNutt; and generations of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 61 years, James Woodrow McNutt, whom she married Aug. 20, 1932; a son-in-law, Billy Joe Scott; her parents, Thomas Jackson White and Susan Thompson White; 11 siblings, Lois Adair, Lester Laurens. Leonard White, Maude DeVaughn, Cecil White, Dorsey White, Lottie Deaton, Bernice Parham, Eva White, Elise Rackley and Charlye Newman.
Pallbearers were Larry Gentry, Bobby Campbell, Jimmy Campbell, Bill Gibson, Jimmy Hitt, Randy Hitt, Pat Hitt and Larry Malone.
Honorary pallbearers were her long tern caregivers at Griffis House, Kiesha, Jessica, Chelsea, Tina, Mary, Jody, Meme and Evelyn; and the staff of Sanctuary Hospice.
The family requests memorials be made to The Traceway Manor activities fund and Sanctuary Hospice.
About New Albany Gazette
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer