Baseball season winding down
Hard to believe we’re almost through the regular season for spring sports, and we have only another week before we enter the postseason for baseball and softball.
Next week presents some really good match-ups with seeding for the upcoming postseason on the line.
This is also the time that my head spins, trying to figure out seeding for the postseason. Because most schools keep the Maxpreps website updated, I’ll use that to break down possible seeding.
New Albany and Senatobia will face off in baseball next week to close out division play. The Bulldogs will travel to Lewisburg tonight hoping to avenge the Tuesday night loss at home. The Patriots are also on top of the division standings.
The 2-1A race is winding down with Ingomar out front. West Union’s only loss in division play is to the Falcons, so tonight’s match-up will be big in determining the top two seeds in the division. Not far behind is Myrtle, which will have to play the Eagles twice next week, so that division is still far from decided.
The one match-up I’m looking forward to seeing the most next week is East Union and Baldwyn. Region 1-2A is always a fight, and the Urchins have already faced the usual foes in Hatley and Hamilton and only have one loss in division play right now. Next week’s two games can decide a division champion, and I’ll definitely be on hand to watch one of those games.
That’s breaking down baseball, as of right now. Hopefully the bad weather over the last couple of days will not mess up the schedule for this weekend’s games too much.
Next week we’ll break down the softball playoffs, which will also be decided next week.
About Chris Elkins
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer