New Albany voters approve sale of wine, spirits
The majority of voters in New Albany voted Tuesday to approve a measure that will allow the sale of wine and spirits within the city limits.
One thousand twelve hundred and seventeen of the city's voters, or 57 percent, approved the measure, while 910 residents, or 43 percent, voted against it.
According to the Union County circuit clerk, 227 absentees were cast, as well as 25 affadavit ballots. Of the 227 absentees, 147 were cast in favor of sales, while 80 votes went against the measure. Of the 25 affadavit ballots, 13 were cast in favor of the measure, while five votes were cast against.
Wine and liquor sales will not immediately go into effect. The city's board of alderman will now have the task of considering conditions regulating sales.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...