Ralph Smithey, 75
Ralph W. Smithey, 75, of Myrtle, died Monday, Feb. 25, 2013, at his residence.
He was born Aug. 19, 1937, in New Albany to Enoch Troy Smithey and Lola Bell Wingo Smithey. He was a retired employee of Masterbilt. He loved farming, garden work and tractors. He was a member of the Pooleville Baptist Church.
Services were at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, at United Funeral Service chapel in New Albany with Bro. Larry Harrison and Bro. Alvie Isaac officiating. Burial was in the Glenfield Memorial Park. United Funeral Service was in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife of 55 years, Beverly Smithey of Myrtle; seven daughters, Terri Howell (Jimmy) of Myrtle, Beth Ray (Harry) of Myrtle, Rhonda Franklin (Jeff) of New Albany, Marsha Hill of Nashville, Tenn., Connie Fulmer of Gray, Tenn., Tammy Smithey of Myrtle and Jane Howell of New Albany; a sister, Laura Mae Irwin of Blue Mountain; a brother, Dale Smithey of Myrtle; 13 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a daughter, Cheryl Smithey; two sisters, Lena Smith and Hazel Smithey; and two brothers, Julius Smithey and Enoch Smithey.
Pallbearers were Tommy Ausburn, Jeremy Howell, Cody Howell, Brandon Smithey, Roman Ray, Anthony Gannon, Heath Fulmer, Christopher Smithey, Ryan Taylor and Ethan Howell.
Memorials may be made to the church of the donor’s choice.
For online condolences visit unitedfuneralservice.com.
About New Albany Gazette
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2