Linda Rodgers, 51
Linda Sue Minor Rodgers, 51, of Myrtle, died Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo.
She was born Sept. 10, 1961, in Helena, Ark., to James Talmadge Minor and Kathleen Norris Oliver Minor. She was a line supplier at Ultra Comfort Foam in New Albany and a member of the Poolville Baptist Church.
Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 3, at United Funeral Service chapel with the Rev. Larry Harrison and the Rev. Steavon Ball officiating. Burial was in the Enterprise Cemetery. United Funeral Service in New Albany was in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by her husband, Danny “Jack” Rodgers of Myrtle; a daughter, Melissa Turner (Timmy) of Myrtle; a stepdaughter, Susie Collins (Kenny) of Walnut; two stepsons, Billy Jack Rodgers of Myrtle and Danny Riley (Donna) of Potts Camp; five sisters, Jo Ann Fisk (Dudley) of Bruce, Betty Redwine (Gene) of Bruce, Becky Robbins (Jeff) of Pontotoc, Mary Mays (Richard) of Hickory Flat and Cathy Sturrock (Buddy) of Gilmore, Texas; three brothers, Billy Minor (Vickie) of Oxford, Dearl Minor of Hickory Flat and Gary Minor of South Carolina; six grandchildren, Hunter Malone, Courtney Malone, Emory Malone, Dustin Malone, Elizabeth Turner and Linda Joe Turner; 13 step-grandchildren; four step-great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a step-grandchild.
Pallbearers were Daniel McCord, Josh Rodgers, Chris Redwine, Mike Owens, Ronnie Owens and J.J. Owens. Honorary pallbearers were her grandsons.
Memorials may be made to Sanctuary Hospice House, 5159 W. Main St., Tupelo, MS 38801; or Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, 50 N. Dunlap St., Memphis, TN 38103.
For online condolences visit unitedfuneralservice.com.
About New Albany Gazette
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer