Kay Grisham, 72
Kathleen Yvonne “Kay” Grisham, 72, of Tupelo, died Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, at her residence after an extended illness.
A native of Pontiac, Mich., she was born Aug. 7, 1940, to Charles LaSalle Neve and Betsy Catherine Ormsby Neve. She grew up in Chicago and moved to the South a number of years ago. Her hobbies included making dolls and crocheting. An accomplished writer, she had four books published in the Science Fiction/Romance categories. She was a home healthcare nurse for a number of years with Gilberts Home Health. She was a member of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
Services were at 2 p.m. Friday, March 1, at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church with Pastor David McCain officiating. Burial was in Lee Memorial Park. W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors was in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include seven children, Coral “Cory” Angel of Kirkville, Dale Neece of California, James “Tony” Neece (Keri) of Horn Lake, Jerry Grisham of Tupelo, Wanda Carpenter (Mike) of Ecru, Sandy Merritt of Blue Springs and Teresa White of Fulton; special friends, Bo and Jennie Collier of Booneville; 24 grandchildren; and a host of great-grandchildren .
She was preceded in death by her parents; and her husband, Glen Grisham, on March 16, 2003.
Pallbearers were Eugene Davis, Bill Smith, Chris Spillman, Bo Collier, Larry Hodnett and Michael Carpenter.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
About New Albany Gazette
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2