Lions end Ingomar’s season
The Falcons had the effort, but Biggersville made a few more plays in the 1A north half showdown last Thursday, resulting in a 70-62 win for the Lions.
“They made the plays and made a couple more shots there when we needed to,” Falcons head coach Jonathan Ashley said.
“Couldn’t ask for a better performance tonight. They gave me everything the have and left it all out on the court. Ingomar people appreciate that. You can’t fault the effort.”
The Lions raced out to a 13-2 lead in the first quarter, but Ingomar chipped away at that lead, and LaQuain Foster put the Falcons within five, 23-18, to end the frame. Foster had two big three-pointers for Ingomar in the first half, 12 points off the bench, to keep the Falcons close.
“It’s probably one of the better games he’s played this year,” Ashley said of Foster. “He gave us that spark, and he’s capable of playing well for us.”
The Lions held a slim, 36-33, lead at the break, and quickly extended that to seven at the beginning of the third quarter. Ingomar kept the deficit within 10 until the fourth quarter, when Darian Barnett made it 49-39 early in the frame.
Twice in the final quarter, Ingomar worked with four points only to have the Lions respond soon after.
Henry Foster led Ingomar with 21 points, followed by 19 from LaQuain Foster. Jaylon Gaines and Daniel Simmons each had 25 points to lead Biggersville.
The Falcons had a successful season under Ashley in his first year at the school, finishing at 23-13 and as Union County champions.
“Going into this year, when I first took this job, looking at what they had coming back, I felt we had a chance to be successful.,” Ashley said.
“The kids came out here and worked hard. At one point, we were 6-6 after losing to Houlka, and we weren’t very tough or disciplined. We finally went to work and had great senior leadership. Once we did those things, it started to materialize in wins.”
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...