By Tyler McCollum
The Falcons and Lady Falcons of Ingomar traveled to East Union Friday night for another great match-up.
The Lady Falcons improved to 16-12 on the season after defeating the Lady Urchins in a hard-fought contest. Both teams struggled in the first quarter with turnovers and missed shots, but then got things going in the right direction. With 2:56 left in the third quarter and the Lady Falcons up 34-30, Mallory Mahan pulled her team within one with a three-point shot. Late in the fourth quarter, East Union lost the ball out of bounds and fouled Heather Dillard. She made the front-end of the one and one to make it Ingomar 51, East Union 45 for the final.
High scorers for the game were (I) Reid Little – 18 and (EU) Ashley Leach – 21.
Ingomar girls will travel to Potts Camp Tuesday and then back at home on Friday to wrap up the regular season. East Union will travel to West Union on Tuesday and Saltillo on Friday to finish their season.
In the boys’ action Ingomar scored first on a basket by Foster and the Urchins very quickly tied it with a three by Montgomery.
The first quarter saw several tied scores and lead changes. East Union pulled within one (16-15) on a shot by Lattimore in the final seconds of the 1st quarter. Fourth quarter action saw East Union chipping away at Ingomar’s lead. Lattimore tied the score at 49 with two minutes to go. He then stole the ball and put the Urchins up by three. East Union went on to win 60-53.
The Urchins had three players in double digits. Dontrell Lattimore – 14; Broderick Montgomery – 12; Dustin Hall – 11. Ingomar’s Henry Foster had 26.
Ingomar will be in action against Potts Camp on Tuesday and Hickory Flat at home for senior night on Friday. East Union travels to West Union on Tuesday and Saltillo on Friday.
Ingomar, East Union split wins
About New Albany Gazette
- County still trying to find solution to likely loss of jail trusties June 24, 2015
- Museum Madness registration underway July 1, 2015
- Groundbreaking for museum expansion will be Thursday July 1, 2015
- Man faces series of auto burglary, theft charges July 1, 2015
- Holiday weekend schedule changes include rare Saturday circuit clerk opening July 1, 2015
- Spring cleaning? Well, sort of July 1, 2015
- Honoring our nation July 1, 2015
- City school board adopts no-tax-increase budget, makes money-saving deals July 1, 2015
- Supervisors discuss funding Tupelo women’s shelter, industrial tax exemptions July 1, 2015
- Circuit clerk’s office to be open for voting Saturday despite holiday July 1, 2015
- Edwin Montenegro: Yeah welcome to south American toyota. We love you...
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
Coaching Changes cotton states baseball league cotton states high school league east union East Union Basketball East Union Football East Union High School East Union Lady Urchins East Union Softball East Union Urchins feature featured friday night lights Hickory Flat Basketball Hickory Flat High School Hickory Flat Rebels Hotbed Classic Ingomar Basketball Ingomar Falcons Ingomar High School Ingomar Lady Falcons Ingomar Softball Mitchell column Mitchell opinion MS Myrtle Myrtle Basketball Myrtle Hawks myrtle high school Myrtle Lady Hawks Myrtle Softball New Albany New Albany Basketball New Albany Bulldogs new albany football New Albany High School New Albany Lady Bulldogs sports Union County Union County sports West Union Basketball West Union Eagles West Union High School West Union Lady Eagles West Union Softball