Cullins signs with Holmes CC softball
New Albany softball had its third player sign to play college ball on Tuesday, as Shaneka Cullins decided to continue her career at Holmes Community College.
“I’m very excited to get to go to Holmes and have a chance to continue playing,” she said. “I’ve played since a child and have always loved the sport.”
Cullins recorded 26 hits and 11 RBI as a junior for the Lady Bulldogs and has continued to progress for the program.
“It’s not often to have a late bloomer like her,” New Albany head coach Tom Zahller said. “She came on strong at the end of last season, and back in the fall, she’s progressed into a talent that had many asking where did she come from.”
Cullins cited the team and campus life were the main attractions for her in her decision to play at Holmes.
She also said she is excited to now focus on the upcoming season for New Albany now that the pressure of signing is out of the way.
“The softball girls are very nice, and I went there and enjoyed the campus,” Cullins said. “I’m hoping to have a good season this spring. I no longer have the stress of wondering if I’m going to sign or not.”
Zahller said that he has known Cullins’ potential and that Holmes has a great addition to its program.
“We realized a long time ago that she would be a special player,” he said.
“She went to Holmes and immediately knew that’s where she belongs. That’s the key with these girls signing. They need to find a home that will fit for them, and Holmes does for Shaneka.”
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...