Expect Traffic Delays on U.S. Highway 78 in Union County
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) would like to inform the public of the following traffic advisory on U.S. Highway 78 in Union County.
Due to necessary maintenance repairs in the travel lane, motorists should expect intermittent stops in traffic along U.S. Highway 78 between State Route 30 and State Route 15 in New Albany, MS. The recent wet and freezing wintry weather has begun deteriorating roadway along U.S. Highway 78 by seeping into fissures and breaking up the pavement. This has resulted in the formation of dangerous potholes along the roadway.
At this time, traffic is passing on the inside lane of the highway. Motorists are advised to avoid the area and seek alternate routes if possible.
“We would like to advise motorists to slow down and use extreme caution while driving along this portion of roadway,” said Northern District Transportation Commissioner Mike Tagert. “We are working as quickly as possible to repair the damage caused by this winter weather event.”
For the most up-to-date information in your area, please visit www.MDOTtraffic.com and sign up for your traffic alerts. Also, visit http://www.MDOTtraffic.com/mobile to get the latest traffic information from MDOTtraffic.com on your mobile device. MDOT advises the public to pull off the road to a safe location if you need to check the MDOTtraffic.com website while driving. MDOT’s number one concern is the safety of the traveling public.
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...