East Union standout southpaw hurler signs with Northeast
Cody Bo Dillard signed with the Northeast Mississippi Community College’s baseball program on Monday to become the second pitcher to ink with the Tigers this year.
Dillard is a left-handed pitcher from East Union High School where he had an impressive 6-2 overall mark — during his junior campaign from the mound in 11 appearances for the Urchins.
“This is truly a blessing for me to sign to play baseball with Northeast,” Dillard said. “It will be a great opportunity to better myself and I think my decision was a good choice to go play for Coach (Kent) Farris because they are a good coaching staff.”
Dillard had an earn run average of 1.54 and gave up 21 runs (12 earned) in just over 54 innings pitched. Dillard also struck out 62 batters against 27 walks and had two games of 10 strikeouts or more – in a one-run game against Hatley on March 23, 2012 and in a one-run win against Calhoun City on April 27, 2012.
“Cody Bo is another great player from a school with a tremendous coaching staff that will definitely help our ball team,” said Farris. “We are always looking for quality pitchers and landing a lefty is even more of a blessing so we are excited about his future here at Northeast.”
Not only is Dillard a great land for Farris on the mound, but Dillard was also impressive at the plate with a .408 batting average with a .457 on base percentage with 42 hits in 116 at bats. Dillard scored 32 runs while driving in an additional 35 to go along with seven runs batted in and four stolen bases.
East Union head baseball coach Chris Basil stated, “that we have had players go on to Northeast and be successful and have become great young men and (Cody) Bo will have that same opportunity. He is a great kid and comes from a good family and we wish him the best.”
About New Albany Gazette
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6