By Lou McQuary
Kathryn Henderson enjoyed a trip to Destin Dec. 26-31. Going on the trip with her were Michelle Thompson; Sharon, Terry, Grant, Emily and Ada Hendrix; Norma Wallace; and Jaime and Parker Henderson. They rode bikes and visited one of their favorite restaurants, The Back Porch. Terry took Parker to see the planes at Elgin Air Force Base. It was a delightful week spent just being together.
Kenny and Melanie McNeal and family and Jimmy, Angela, Jacob, Savannah, and CJ Shirley; and Sami Bridges went to Jacksonville, Fla. on Sunday, Dec. 30 in preparation for the Gator Bowl on New Year’s Day. They stayed in a shopping area which was right up the women’s alley. They saw fireworks on New Year’s Eve at Jacksonville Landing. The MSU football game was a big disappointment so they headed home right after the game.
Linda and Van Swearingen stayed in Slidell, La. Dec. 27-31. They stayed with Linda’s niece and her family: Tonya and Joe Powell and children. One perk of their trip was getting their car worked on while they were there.
On Friday Kathryn Henderson went to Birmingham with Sharon and Terry Hendrix. Michelle Thompson joined them there. They enjoyed the Rebels’ big victory on Saturday, Jan. 5.
Tammy, Steve, Cole, Carley, and Claire Wilkerson and Leigh Tate went to Birmingham on Saturday to see the Rebels defeat Pittsburg in the bowl game. After the game they endured a two-hour wait to eat at The Cheese Factory in Birmingham. It was well worth the wait. It was full of rejoicing Rebel fans.
On Saturday, Jan. 5, I joined Nicole, Anna Claire, and Abbie McQuary and Nicole’s sister, Jessica Jenkins, and her three children for a painting party at New Lebanon Free Will Baptist Church in Tishomingo County. A portion of the proceeds went toward financing the expenses of supplies for a mission trip to Belise. Anna Claire, 10 years old, and her mother Nicole left Tuesday, Jan. 8, at 6 a.m. from Memphis. They will be in Belise until Monday, Jan. 14. Please add them to your prayer list. Anna Claire is our granddaughter and Nicole is our daughter-in-law. We are so proud of their sacrifices to make this trip. Anna Claire made handbags for the girls and little back packs for the guys. I know this will be a wonderful learning experience for all involved. They are going with two friends from Tish County and a group from Ole Miss.
Patsy Grisham’s sister, Shirley Tierce, went into a coma last week. She lives in Tennessee. They sent her home on Hospice. She suffers from Alzheimer’s disease.
Mary Flaniken, sister of Leon Wilson, died Wednesday, Jan. 2. She lived in Memphis.
Oma Pannell, sister of Clyde Gullick, died Wednesday, Jan. 2. She had been in the hospice house in Verona.
Hazel Vance spent several days in the New Albany Hospital with digestive problems.
Sunday morning at Macedonia we were wonderfully blessed with lively music. Ben Neal was especially good on the drums. We have all decided we want him to entertain us each Sunday. It adds so much to the worship.
We were honored to accept a new couple into our fellowship: Teresa and Bobby Shettles. We have already lined Teresa up for the choir. She had repair on her knee last week in Tupelo so we may let her off for a few weeks, but she has promised to join us.
Our church is raising money for a church in the Philippines. We need to raise six thousand dollars this month to complete the payment for the land. Please dig deep and contribute to this worthy mission project.
Thought for the week: Get right with God or you will be left behind.
About Lynn West
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...