ICC to offer ACT preparation class
The Continuing Education Department of Itawamba Community College has scheduled two options for Preparing for the ACT.
The first class, which will begin at 5:30 p.m., Feb. 11, at the Belden Center (3200 Adams Farm Rd.), will meet Mondays from 5:30-8 p.m. through Apr. 8. The $100 fee includes the book.
Preparing for the ACT will also be offered two Saturdays from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. English and reading will be covered on Mar. 23, and math and science, April 6. Cost is $50 for each session, which also includes the book and lunch.
ICC’s ACT preparatory class instructors use intensive classroom review procedures in English, reading, science reasoning and math that focus on strategies for improving scores by three methods including review of all concepts tested, tips for overcoming test anxiety and guides for studying smart that will help improve test-day performance. Instructors effectively communicate techniques to help students perform with confidence. Pre-test and post-test full-length ACT practice tests will be administered to measure performance, and extensive handouts will be provided for skill practice.
Preregistration is required. For more information and to register, call (662) 407-1500.
About Lynn West
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...