Reed named interim election commissioner to replace Boyte
The Union County Board of Supervisor appointed Barbara Ann Reed as interim District Three Election Commissioner Monday until someone can be elected to the post during the 2013 November general elections.
The appointment was necessary because the District Three winner in the past November election, Rank Boyte, resigned for personal reasons.
Supervisors accepted his resignation Monday and then appointed Reed, who is Boyte’s daughter.
No one ran against Boyte, who sought the post vacated by Frances Dunlap upon her retirement.
The other new election commissioner is Bill Azlin, who defeated incumbent Lanelle Hudson for the District Two seat. The remaining three incumbents were unopposed. They are Graham Spencer, District One; Mike Beam, District Four; and Wayne Wilhite, District Five.
In other business, supervisors Monday handled routine items such as paying medical examiner fees, approving the claims docket and board minutes, and approving the work schedule for January.
One unusual item was voting to purchase three new garbage trucks for a negotiated price of $125,000 each. The original and only bid was $126,845 from Pac Man with Freightliner trucks.
Another was accepting the proposal from Mills and Mills Architects to work with the Community Development Block Grant Project on the Abby Farms building, and accepting a services contract with J. E. Vance and Co. to do work to prepare for the regular audit.
About Lynn West
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...