New Albany picked up two division wins in soccer play versus North Pontotoc on Tuesday. In girls’ action, the Lady Bulldogs won 5-0 as they improved their season record to 10-4-2. Kristen Olson had two first half goals to help the Lady Bulldogs to a 2-0 halftime lead. Sanders Goode added two goals in the second half and Hannah Anderson scored the other New Albany goal.New Albany boys jumped out to a 2-1 lead at half and finished strong with four second half goals to defeat the Vikings 6-2. Anthony Fernandez had a big night with four goals to pace the Bulldogs. Eduardo Zaragoza and Wesley Dodds scored one goal. New Albany improved to 6-8 on the season.
New Albany Takes Two Wins in Division Against North Pontotoc
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- Close the park alley August 26, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- ‘Second Amendment’ tax holiday begins Friday September 2, 2015
- Best-selling author Julie Cantrell to speak at retired educators’ meeting September 2, 2015
- Tebow to speak at BMC fundraiser September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
Subscribe to Blog via Email
© 2015 New Albany Gazette. All Rights Reserved.