County school board members take oaths of office
During its first meeting of the new year, the Union County School Board of Trustees welcomed two new board members, who will serve as representatives of the county’s 3rd and 4th districts.
Mike Browning was sworn in first by Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford before the meeting began. Browning was elected to serve as the 3rd district board member in November, defeating Incumbent Buddy Dixon.
Following the call to order by Board President Mickey Basil, the board then accepted the resignation of Robert Hogue as 4th district school board member, effective Jan. 1.
Hogue had run unopposed for the office in November, but soon after the election, made the decision to resign due to the fact that his wife is currently a teacher at Ingomar Attendance Center.
According to state election laws, the school board is required to appoint an interim school board member who will serve until a new election will be held.
According to Union County School District Superintendent Ken Basil, the board chose to appoint Daphnia McMillen due to her education background.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...