Second half of basketball
We are about to begin the second half of the basketball season, and by this time next week, we’ll have the bracket put together for this year’s Union County Tournament.
Taking a look at where each team stands so far, the records, for the most part, are very close, so this weekend’s and next Tuesday’s games should sort out the seeding for the UCT.
On the boys’ side, two teams sit at 10 wins so far, Myrtle and East Union. Both teams are currently at 10-6, and the Hawks already hold two wins over the Urchins from earlier this season.
Ingomar currently sits at 9-5, including wins over both Myrtle and East, and New Albany is at 9-6 after a loss at Oxford during Christmas break.
West Union rounds out the boys’ records at 6-8, a game better than they were at this point last year at 5-9.
On the girls’ side, two teams currently have four losses, New Albany and West Union. The Lady Eagles have already picked up 10 wins, while the Lady Bulldogs are close behind with eight wins.
Unconfirmed, but if I’m not mistaken, East Union is 10-7, while Ingomar is 9-8 and Myrtle is 2-14.
Games will be back in full swing this weekend, with Hickory Flat traveling to New Albany and West Union taking on Water Valley tonight.
Also beginning this weekend is the slate of tournaments that will take up every weekend this month.
New Albany girls will host the Renesant Girls Challenge at Memorial Gym tomorrow, and we’ll have Ingomar and Hickory Flat playing at Blue Mountain College as well.
I’m looking forward not only to the second half of the season, but the upcoming UCT. By the looks of it, this will be a very exciting tournament again this year.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...