Hotbed Classic coming January 26
The annual New Albany Kiwanis Club Hotbed Classic will tip off Jan. 26 at 10:00 a.m. at the New Albany Gymnasium.
This year’s Classic features eight games with all five area high school teams playing. One game of local interest will be at 3:30 when the Ingomar Falcons face the Amory Panthers. Amory is coached by Union County native and former Ingomar player Rob Browning.
The 5:00 game will pit Briarcrest of Memphis against Jackson Provine and should be a marquee matchup.
The Hotbed has always featured some great games and great players in the past and this year’s edition should be just as exciting. The pairings for the Hotbed Classic are listed below.
2013 Hotbed Classic Pairings
January 26, 2013
10:00 West Union* vs Kossuth
11:15 East Union* vs Marshall Academy
12:30 Myrtle* vs North Pontotoc
2:00 Booneville* vs Piney Woods
3:30 Ingomar* vs Amory
5:00 Briarcrest* vs Jackson Provine
6:30 Tupelo* vs Baldwyn
8:00 New Albany* vs DeSoto Central
(*indicates home team)
About New Albany Gazette
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...