New event downtown
The New Albany Main Street Association’s annual Holiday Open House has become so successful that the association has developed an encore event.
From 5 to 8 p.m. next Friday the association will host something called “Sippin’ Cider,” a clever gimmick to get lots of folks downtown and shopping in members’ shops on a Friday night.
Many downtown restaurants, shops and businesses are participating in the event by providing apple cider tasting and offering door prizes. Shoppers need to visit at least eight participating businesses and rate the cider to be included in the door prize drawing.
In addition, there will be a variety of entertainment including pictures with Santa Claus provided by Walgreens.
A number of local businesses plan to participate in this holiday event that was originally planned to begin last year but was cancelled due to the death of Amanda Price.
The new event is part of the Main Street Association’s effort to beef up current programs and develop new ones to draw people downtown. Whether it’s the chili cook-off, the holiday open house or the cider tasting, the goal is the same.
We commend the association and its manager, Vickie Duke, for the aggressive marketing of these events. The association’s events are helping fuel the resurgence of downtown as the place to stroll – and shop.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...