Honoring Mr. Gault
Bobby Gault has been elected president of the Mississippi School Boards Association, capping a areer in education that began with his election to the New Albany Schools Board of Trustees in 1976.
His taking the helm of the state association brings recognition and honor, not only to Mr. Gault, but also to the New Albany School District and to our city.
He previously had served as secretary/treasurer of the association and then vice president. He was elected president last week.
Becoming president of the state association is not the first honor for Gault, who a year ago received the association’s Board Member of the Year award.
During his time on our local school board, he has been a part of two school bond issues, two major construction projects and the employment of both Dr. Charles Garrett and current superintendent, Jackie Ford.
Ford called Gault’s ascendency to state board president “a well deserved honor.
“He’s put a lot of time into not only the New Albany Schools but also the Mississippi School Boards Association as well,” he said.
We join the New Albany Schools in congratulating Mr. Gault for reaching this leadership position in the state association.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...