Ingomar holds on for win over Urchins
Ingomar fought from behind, down by as many as 12 points in the first half, to defeat East Union, 67-60, on Tuesday.
The Urchins came out firing, taking an early 9-2 lead. East Union maintained the lead throughout the first half, going on a 6-0 run in the second quarter to lead 22-13. East’s 12-point lead came on a three-point play by Dustin Hall, putting the Urchins ahead 27-15.
Ingomar took its first lead at the 4:50 mark in the third quarter on a basket by Henry Foster. Foster finished with a game-high 22 points, scoring 12 in the second half.
East’s last lead came at 43-41 on a three-pointer by Hall, and the Urchins were outscored, 18-12 in the fourth quarter.
Alex Jeter and Matt Hale each added 12 points for Ingomar, while Hall led the Urchins with 19 points.
Ingomar 53 East Union 34 (girls)
Ingomar had an evening sweep of East Union, beginning with a 19-point win for the girls.
Reid Little had 19 points for the Lady Falcons, who took an early 13-0 lead before the Lady Urchins scored its first basket with one minute remaining in the first quarter.
Heather Dillard added 13 points for Ingomar, and Ashley Leach led East Union with 14 points.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...