New Albany represented at all-star game
New Albany was well represented last weekend in the Mississippi Association of Coaches slow pitch all-star game in Newton. Seniors Shannon Goode and Mallory Beaty were among the 12 chosen from North Mississippi for the 4A/5A/6A game, along with coaches Shane Sanderson and Tom Zahller.
The North squad won both games, 10-8 and 27-7. Beaty finished the day 2-for-9, while Goode was 4-for-6 with a walk, getting three of those hits in the second game.
“Coming into this year, they were among the favorites to make the team because of the careers they’ve had,” Sanderson said of the duo.
“There were a ton of girls nominated and just a rich group of seniors to chose from. I wanted to make sure that they were able to play some in the middle infield and showcase their talents.”
North Pontotoc’s Arriann Henry had two home runs in the game one win and followed that with a 4-for-4 performance in the game two win that saw 32 hits overall for the north squad. Sanderson said it was an honor for him and Zahller to work with the talented team.
“The hardest part was picking the team,” he said. “We took care of business and just had a ton of fun and represented North Mississippi well. Coach Zahller has been a large part of our success, so I was glad to have him with there with me.”
Video from the game can be viewed on the MHSAA website by going to the MHSAA Network.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6