Chili event Saturday
The Hill Country Halloween and Chili Cook-off is set for 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday on the Union County Courthouse lawn.
This will be the second year of the event, which is a redo of the former Trick or Treat Downtown. It is sponsored by the New Albany Main Street Association.
Events include a homemade costume contest at 4:30 p.m. as well as a pet costume contest. Registration for the contest is $2 at the event.
Lots of other activities for children include trick or treat candy, face painting, tattoo art, hayrides, cookie decorating and balloon art.
The highlight of the evening is expected to be the chili cook-off, which is open to individuals, groups, business and organizations, said Vickie Duke, Main Street manager. Attendees can sample the chili or get a full meal for a nominal charge.
The Kenny Brown Band will perform hill country blues from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
It’s an effort by the Main Street Association to mix children’s activities with food and entertainment and provide more nighttime activities in the downtown area.
If you’re looking for something for the family to do on Saturday night, why not try the Hill Country Halloween and Chili Cook-Off?
About Chris Elkins
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...