Seven students suspended following football game activities
New Albany High School administration suspended seven students earlier this week in connection with an alleged violation of school policies against allowing fans on the field following an athletic event.
According to Jackie Ford, superintendent of the New Albany School District, the students received suspension from school because they violated the policy after last Friday’s home football game against the Lafayette County Commodores.
“The policy is part of our security plan, as required by the Mississippi High School Athletics Association,” Ford said. “No one is allowed on the field after the game, in order ensure the safety of our fans and the opposing team’s fans as well.”
While he would not discuss the specifics of the disciplinary action taken against the seven students, Ford did say that it was in accordance with the discipline policies laid out in the student handbook. He also said that the school district has the right to ban any persons not associated with the schools from future athletic events, if they are found in violation.
“As far as we’re concerned, the incident is over and we’ll move on to the next thing,” Ford said.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...