Seven students suspended following football game activities
New Albany High School administration suspended seven students earlier this week in connection with an alleged violation of school policies against allowing fans on the field following an athletic event.
According to Jackie Ford, superintendent of the New Albany School District, the students received suspension from school because they violated the policy after last Friday’s home football game against the Lafayette County Commodores.
“The policy is part of our security plan, as required by the Mississippi High School Athletics Association,” Ford said. “No one is allowed on the field after the game, in order ensure the safety of our fans and the opposing team’s fans as well.”
While he would not discuss the specifics of the disciplinary action taken against the seven students, Ford did say that it was in accordance with the discipline policies laid out in the student handbook. He also said that the school district has the right to ban any persons not associated with the schools from future athletic events, if they are found in violation.
“As far as we’re concerned, the incident is over and we’ll move on to the next thing,” Ford said.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...