Often we take for granted businesses or institutions right in our own community. Sometimes it takes recognition from outside the community to remind us of what we’ve got right here in New Albany.
An example is our local hospital. It’s there, with lots of good people taking care of our needs day in and day out as well as conducting a number of outreach programs that enrich our city and contribute to community health.
But now Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County has been named a “Top Performer” by the Joint Commission.
The commission, founded in 1951, is an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies more than 19,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States.
Baptist is one of 620 hospitals nationwide to be recognized as a top performer out of the 3,376 hospitals that submitted accountability measures to the Joint Commission.
The Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest and largest accrediting group, determines top performers by analyzing the performance of accredited hospitals on 45 accountability measures.
People make the difference in a hospital (and most any other business), and Baptist has a quality staff focused on providing good care.
We’ve said many times that we are fortunate in New Albany to have a quality, responsible non-profit hospital that puts its focus on community health, not profit.
Being recognized as a top performer by the Joint Commission is a tribute to the people who staff our local hospital. We congratulate them.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...