Improving our scores
The state of Mississippi has released the results of its annual public school performance testing and both New Albany and Union County showed continuing improvement in their overall scores.
New Albany had an impressive jump in its district score to 193 from 180 last year and Union County improved to 175 this year compared to 169 last year. Both numbers are good enough for the districts to be labeled “high performing” among the state’s public schools.
The most exciting news in the scores was New Albany High School’s score of 209, up from 206 last year and 192 the year before. New Albany High School achieved “Star” school status for the second consecutive year. Other high schools in northeast Mississippi with “Star” status for being in the highest performance category are Oxford, Lafayette, Saltillo, Boonville, Mooreville and Kossuth.
Other New Albany scores were 197 for the elementary school compared to 185 last year and 190 for the middle school, up from 174 last year.
In Union County, the Ingomar and West Union Attendance Centers had scores of 181, compared to 169 at both schools year year. East Union got a score of 173, up from 167 last year, and Myrtle slipped to 169 from 174 last year.
Overall, we are proud of our public schools in New Albany and Union County. We are fortunate to have strong schools where administrators, teachers and students understand the value of public education.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...