Improving our scores
The state of Mississippi has released the results of its annual public school performance testing and both New Albany and Union County showed continuing improvement in their overall scores.
New Albany had an impressive jump in its district score to 193 from 180 last year and Union County improved to 175 this year compared to 169 last year. Both numbers are good enough for the districts to be labeled “high performing” among the state’s public schools.
The most exciting news in the scores was New Albany High School’s score of 209, up from 206 last year and 192 the year before. New Albany High School achieved “Star” school status for the second consecutive year. Other high schools in northeast Mississippi with “Star” status for being in the highest performance category are Oxford, Lafayette, Saltillo, Boonville, Mooreville and Kossuth.
Other New Albany scores were 197 for the elementary school compared to 185 last year and 190 for the middle school, up from 174 last year.
In Union County, the Ingomar and West Union Attendance Centers had scores of 181, compared to 169 at both schools year year. East Union got a score of 173, up from 167 last year, and Myrtle slipped to 169 from 174 last year.
Overall, we are proud of our public schools in New Albany and Union County. We are fortunate to have strong schools where administrators, teachers and students understand the value of public education.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2