Ingomar stays alive in playoff hunt
The Lady Falcons needed a win to stay alive in the playoff hunt, and responded with an 11-8 win over West Union on Tuesday.
With three division losses, Andy Wilbanks told his team to just take it one game at a time. A tough division slate is in front of Ingomar, and one loss could potentially end their playoff hopes.
“I think from here on out, our backs are going to be against the wall,” he said. “We talked about it today; just win one at a time, and I think we’ll get to play a little extra in the end. I’m proud of them for winning this one, but we have to get hot.”
Ingomar scored three runs in the first, highlighted by an RBI triple from Reid Little and an RBI single from Sarah McDonald. This came after the Lady Eagles took a 1-0 lead on a single from Jodie McMillen.
The Lady Falcons capitalized on errors in the second, scoring two more, and held a 6-2 lead in the fifth inning.
With two outs against them in the fifth, West Union scored five runs to take the lead, 7-6. Ingomar was in a similar situation in the bottom half of the inning, loading the bases with two outs against them, and scored five runs to retake the lead, 11-7. The Lady Falcons walked in three runs, and Amy Fooshee brought in two more on a single.
“That was really big, and the momentum changed when they took the lead,” Wilbanks said. “I was proud of our girls for fighting back and not giving up. That’s a positive.”
Fooshee, McDonald and Reid Little each had two hits to lead Ingomar. Julianna Garner, Hannah McQuary and Gracen Conlee had two hits each to lead West Union.
Ingomar was scheduled to play Wheeler on Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...