Frances Gardner Obituary
Frances Louise Gardner, 98, New Albany, died Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2012 at Union County Health and Rehab in New Albany. She was born June 21, 1914 in Union County to the late Henry Lee and Mary Elizabeth McNeil Gardner. She formerly worked at Irwin B. Schwabe, before becoming one of the first employees of Futorian Mfg., from which she retired. She was a puzzle enthusiast and really enjoyed the more challenging ones. She was the oldest living member of Ingomar United Methodist Church.
A celebration of her life was at 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012 at United Funeral Service in New Albany with Brad Sartor officiating. Interment was in Ingomar Cemetery.
She is survived by nieces and nephews: Mary Patton, Sara Mattox, Judy Bigham, Robin Knight, Brenda Pannell, Pat Grass, Lynda Womack, Donald Dodd, Jackie Dodd and Hugh Gardner and several great nieces and great nephews.
She was preceded in death by three sisters, Thelma Duncan, Hazel Coleman and Eloise Dodd, and two brothers, Hugh Gardner and Bill Gardner.
Pallbearers were Will Dodd, Jon Dodd, Jeff Dodd, Kyle Dodd, Greg Bigham, Scott Bigham and Bill Mattox.
Visitation was from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorials can be made to Ingomar United Methodist Church, 1110 CR 90, New Albany, MS 38652.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...