Frances Gardner Obituary
Frances Louise Gardner, 98, New Albany, died Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2012 at Union County Health and Rehab in New Albany. She was born June 21, 1914 in Union County to the late Henry Lee and Mary Elizabeth McNeil Gardner. She formerly worked at Irwin B. Schwabe, before becoming one of the first employees of Futorian Mfg., from which she retired. She was a puzzle enthusiast and really enjoyed the more challenging ones. She was the oldest living member of Ingomar United Methodist Church.
A celebration of her life was at 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012 at United Funeral Service in New Albany with Brad Sartor officiating. Interment was in Ingomar Cemetery.
She is survived by nieces and nephews: Mary Patton, Sara Mattox, Judy Bigham, Robin Knight, Brenda Pannell, Pat Grass, Lynda Womack, Donald Dodd, Jackie Dodd and Hugh Gardner and several great nieces and great nephews.
She was preceded in death by three sisters, Thelma Duncan, Hazel Coleman and Eloise Dodd, and two brothers, Hugh Gardner and Bill Gardner.
Pallbearers were Will Dodd, Jon Dodd, Jeff Dodd, Kyle Dodd, Greg Bigham, Scott Bigham and Bill Mattox.
Visitation was from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorials can be made to Ingomar United Methodist Church, 1110 CR 90, New Albany, MS 38652.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...