American Legion to host ‘Patriot Day’ service on Sept. 11
Union County residents will once again have the opportunity to gather and give tribute to victims of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, as well as current and fallen soldiers next week.
Members of the Potter-Henry-Lowery Post 72 American Legion of Union County will host a “Patriot Day” service at noon, next Tuesday, Sept. 11, at the Union County Courthouse lawn.
The service will be led by Will Ford, local American Legion commander.
Barry Male, Jr. will be the keynote speaker.
Other speakers will include City of New Albanyity and Union County government officials.
Post 72 Legionnaires will place wreaths at the War Memorial monument in rememberance of each war in which the United States’ military has been involved, as well as local veterans and those who are currently serving stateside or overseas.
For more information, call Mike Bennett at 662-534-1982.
About Chris Elkins
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...