Rachel Nelson Obituary
Rachel C. Nelson, 86, of Bartlett, Tenn., died on Aug. 29, 2012. She was born on May 16, 1926 in Shelby County, Tenn. to the late Thomas and Hattie Kelley Carter. She was married to the late Stephen D. Nelson for 43 years. They made their life in Cordova, Tenn. She built an active life with her family and friends. She was a member of Shelby County PTA Council. Rachel loved all people and always helped them if she could. Rachel and her husband moved to Lake Arrowhead, Myrtle and were residents for 18 years. Stephen was President of Lake Arrowhead and Rachel was a member of Union County Homemakers. After her husband passed, she moved to Bartlett, Tenn.
She leaves five children, Linda Rusch (Jim) of Bartlett, Tenn., Nanc Crawford (Terry) of Lake Arrowhead, Myrtle, MS, Donna Harden (Rodney) of Arlington, Tenn., Martha Lohse (Billy) of Myrtle and Stephen D. Nelson, Jr. of Memphis, Tenn.; 15 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was also preceded in death by a brother, Gerald Carter.
A celebration of her life will be held at 1 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 1, 2012 at United Funeral Service in New Albany. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at the funeral home. United Funeral Service is in charge of the arrangements.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...