Rachel Nelson Obituary
Rachel C. Nelson, 86, of Bartlett, Tenn., died on Aug. 29, 2012. She was born on May 16, 1926 in Shelby County, Tenn. to the late Thomas and Hattie Kelley Carter. She was married to the late Stephen D. Nelson for 43 years. They made their life in Cordova, Tenn. She built an active life with her family and friends. She was a member of Shelby County PTA Council. Rachel loved all people and always helped them if she could. Rachel and her husband moved to Lake Arrowhead, Myrtle and were residents for 18 years. Stephen was President of Lake Arrowhead and Rachel was a member of Union County Homemakers. After her husband passed, she moved to Bartlett, Tenn.
She leaves five children, Linda Rusch (Jim) of Bartlett, Tenn., Nanc Crawford (Terry) of Lake Arrowhead, Myrtle, MS, Donna Harden (Rodney) of Arlington, Tenn., Martha Lohse (Billy) of Myrtle and Stephen D. Nelson, Jr. of Memphis, Tenn.; 15 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was also preceded in death by a brother, Gerald Carter.
A celebration of her life will be held at 1 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 1, 2012 at United Funeral Service in New Albany. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at the funeral home. United Funeral Service is in charge of the arrangements.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2