Eastern Lights, August 31, 2012
Hello again, it is almost the end of August. Soon the leaves will be turning many different colors. The temperature already seems like fall of the year.
Some new neighbors have moved into the community. They are Lee and Tiffany Davis from Blue Mountain. Lee is the youth director at Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Also Elizabeth Street and her son Paul Harrison come from Myrtle.
Pleasant Hill seniors had a good meeting last Thursday. Annie Ruth White brought pictures of their trip to Cuba in the ‘50s and brought the group up to date about what was going on now. The members enjoyed a bountiful meal after the program. Joe Tate was a special guest.
Best wishes to Norma Pannell who fell Sunday morning and broke her hip and fractured another bone. She is at Baptist Hospital Union County.
To all of you who spent your younger years at Buena Vista School in Tippah County, there will be a meeting at Fellowship Baptist education building on September 15. The doors will be open at noon and lunch will be served at 1 p.m. Your spouses and friends are all welcome. Please this will be pot luck so bring a dish or two and enjoy the day. Some of us thought this would be better to meet at 12 p.m. instead of 5 p.m. so we all could be home by dark.
There will be a meeting at Palestine Baptist Church on County Road 157 just off Hwy. 30 East of New Albany at 2 p.m. on Sept. 30. This is Family and Friends day. More about this later.
Best wishes to Sam Camp, Sandra Jones, Bryan Camp, Lotti Gullick and Vickie Cook who are undergoing tests for different ailments.
Congratulations to Erin Algee who has her Nurse Practitioner License, Erin, we are proud of you,
Best wishes to Jeff White who is a patient at Baptist Memorial Hospital in New Albany. I understand he has pneumonia.
Just learned the Troy Baker fell Sunday afternoon and broke his hip. He is a patient at Baptist Memorial Hospital Oxford- Lafayette in Oxford. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery. He is the daddy of Charles Baker of Pleasant Ridge.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...