Garrett wins first place at ‘Dance Like the Stars’ fundraiser
Tracy Garrett of New Albany was awarded first place in the 2012 “Dance Like the Stars” event, held Saturday at the BancorpSouth Arena Tupelo.
The event, a yearly fundraiser for the Boys & Girls of Mississippi, raised over $175,000 for the youth development organization – the largest ever in its seven-year history.
“We couldn’t be happier with the way this event has evolved over the past three years,” said Evie Boyd, director of marketing & special events. “We can’t thank the celebrities and sponsors enough for all that they do to make this event so successful. $175,000 – my mind is still processing this milestone! ”
Garrett was chosen first place in the celebrity judges’ category. Second place in the judges’ choice category went to Paul Tucker of Tupelo and Rob Baird of Houston came in third.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2