Edna Abernethy Obituary
Edna Todd Abernethy, 87, of Madison, passed away Aug. 25, 2012 at Hospice Ministries in Ridgeland. She was born Oct. 13, 1924 in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas in the town of Donna. At the age of 14, she moved to the New Albany area and graduated from Macedonia High School. Since 1998, she had been a resident of The Home Place in Madison.
Edna was a member of Myrtle United Methodist Church in Myrtle and was also involved with St. Matthew’s United Methodist Church in Madison for many years. She was passionate about her faith. Known as an avid prayer warrior, many looked to her for support during times of need. She took great pleasure in her family as well, especially enjoying visits from her great-granddaughters.
She is survived by her son J. Samuel Abernethy (Susan) of Dahlonega, Ga.; daughter Suzanne Parker (Dan) of Madison; and granddaughter Abbey Wright (Daniel) and their daughters Marianna & Emma Kate Wright of Madison. She is also survived by her sister Ethel Montgomery of Brandon and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 56 years, James Abernethy.
Visitation was from 10 to 11 a.m., Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012 at Myrtle United Methodist Church, with the funeral following at 11 a.m. Interment was at Gerizim Cemetary in Myrtle. United Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangements.
Memorials may be made to Myrtle United Methodist Church, St. Matthew’s United Methodist Church, or The Home Place.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...