Blanche Aldrich Obituary
Blanche Aldrich died on Friday, Aug. 24, 2012 at 104 years of age in Memphis, Tenn. She was born in Union County, the daughter of John Gillam and Belle Lamar Ferguson.
Aldrich had a long career in teaching in schools in the Mid-south, ending her career in the military overseas school program in Spain. When she returned to Michigan City in retirement, she worked diligently at organizing and sustaining community. She leaves behind a daughter, a multitude of grandchildren and great-grandchildren and a vast circle of friends. She loved her life, her family, her friends and her church.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2012 at Calvary Episcopal Church, Michigan City. Graveside service will immediately follow in Hillcrest Cemetery, Holly Springs.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Marvin Treadwell Aldrich, and daughters, Lucy Horton, Hope Brooks and Elizabeth Anderson.
Visitation was held from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, at Washington Oaks, Michigan City.
The family requests memorials be directed to Calvary Episcopal Church, 655 Fleming Way, Michigan City, MS 38647. Services were provided by Peebles Fayette County Funeral Homes and Cremation Center – Main Chapel of Somerville, Tenn.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse May 17, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- The Playhouse May 19, 2016
- River Players to present comedy-murder mystery next week May 19, 2016
- Myrtle Church to host Dave Ramsey financial series May 19, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- City wants residents to be aware of yard sale, sign regulations May 19, 2016
- Farmers’ Market opens June 4 May 19, 2016
- Downtown area getting new parking lot May 19, 2016
- More graduation ceremonies Friday night, Saturday May 19, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...