Blanche Aldrich Obituary
Blanche Aldrich died on Friday, Aug. 24, 2012 at 104 years of age in Memphis, Tenn. She was born in Union County, the daughter of John Gillam and Belle Lamar Ferguson.
Aldrich had a long career in teaching in schools in the Mid-south, ending her career in the military overseas school program in Spain. When she returned to Michigan City in retirement, she worked diligently at organizing and sustaining community. She leaves behind a daughter, a multitude of grandchildren and great-grandchildren and a vast circle of friends. She loved her life, her family, her friends and her church.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2012 at Calvary Episcopal Church, Michigan City. Graveside service will immediately follow in Hillcrest Cemetery, Holly Springs.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Marvin Treadwell Aldrich, and daughters, Lucy Horton, Hope Brooks and Elizabeth Anderson.
Visitation was held from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, at Washington Oaks, Michigan City.
The family requests memorials be directed to Calvary Episcopal Church, 655 Fleming Way, Michigan City, MS 38647. Services were provided by Peebles Fayette County Funeral Homes and Cremation Center – Main Chapel of Somerville, Tenn.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...