Sherman News, August 22, 2012
The Mississippi Municipal League and Three Rivers Planning and Development District hosted a regional legislative meeting Monday evening, Aug. 13 at The Summit in Tupelo. Attending and representing Sherman were Mayor Ben Logan, Alderman Wayne Bullock, and Alderman Martha Swindle. Several issues for the 2013 Session were discussed and addressed by MML Executive Director George Lewis and Three Rivers Executive Director Randy Kelley.
The Sherman Volunteer Fire Department is working with Ultimate Studios, a photography portrait firm, to conduct a fundraiser starting Monday, Aug. 20. There will be a fireman’s appreciation the day the portraits are being made. You are invited to come and get your portrait made and visit with some of your firemen who volunteer to help you daily. Contact Brad McMurry at 662-255-6638, Kyle Horton at 662-316-2471, or Jamie Culpepper at 662-419-8440 for more information on the portrait fundraiser. The monies raised will go to purchase turnout gear for the volunteer firemen.
The youth had a youth rally at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18, at Tri-County Baptist.
The Sherman Church of Christ youth held their youth devotional Sunday night, Aug. 19.
A Sunday school teachers’ training workshop will be held from 9 a.m. to non on Saturday, Aug. 25 at First Baptist Church in Tupelo. All Sherman Baptist Sunday school teachers need to attend the training.
A Fall revival will be held at Sherman Baptist Sept. 30 – Oct. 3 with Bro. David Grisham from First Baptist Church in Jasper, Tenn., as the evangelist.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Taylor to continue softball career at Delta State May 5, 2016
- Area athletes advance to state finals in track May 5, 2016
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault May 5, 2016
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures May 5, 2016
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas May 5, 2016
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7 May 5, 2016
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6 May 5, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Two face armed robbery charges in home assault
- City continues effort to remove unsafe houses, other structures
- NA police to begin random bicycle patrols downtown, in park areas
- Keep New Albany/Union County Beautiful sponsoring Great American Cleanup May 7
- Imagine the Possibilities CREATE career expo to be open to more counties October 4 – 6